How it Works…
How can I delete my account?
Obviously we wouldn’t want to lose you. But if you do want to leave, then you will need to email customer services at email@example.com who will be happy to assist you in deleting your account.
Why can’t I open another account?
To ensure a fair marketplace for all users, Skippers and Transport Providers are only allowed to register one account on Boat Movers Compared. If you have any problems with your account, please contact customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org who will happily assist you.
Managing your account and profile…
Managing your account and quoting activity on Boat Movers Compared does require some effort. However, we have tried our upmost to keep it simple and manageable. We have consolidated the important tasks you will need to look over into the “My Account” area. This can be accessed once you login:- http://www.boatmoverscompared.com/login/
From “My Account” you can:
- View deliveries you have set to watching.
- View your current quotes.
- View recently accepted quotes.
- View unsuccessful quotes.
- View archived completed deliveries.
- Update your business information such as contact details.
- Update your profile page information eg. Photo’s, qualifications experience etc.
- Change your username, password and/or email address registered to the account.
Lost Username and/or password…
If you have forgotten your password, please enter either your username or email address here: http://www.boatmoverscompared.com/lost-password-page/
You will be emailed a link which will remind you of your username and allow you to reset your password.
If you do not receive this email, please check your spam folders and also add: email@example.com to your email address book.
How do I register?
If you a Skipper, or transport/delivery business that specialises within the marine industry, you can use Boat Movers Compared to win more work.
It is important to note that there is no registration fee or subscription on Boat Movers Compared. We only charge a commission on contracts that you win through us.
Registering on Boat Movers Compared as a Skipper or Transport Provider is very simple. Simply fill out the form on: http://www.boatmoverscompared.com/register/
Why cant place a quote?
If you are having problems placing a quote, please check the following:
- Are logged into your Skipper/Transport Provider account?
- Do you also have a “user” account and have registered it with the same email address? In this case you will need to change the email address on one of the accounts so that each account has a different contact email address.
- Are there any error messages informing you of the problem? Perhaps you have not filled one of the compulsory fields marked with a red asterix?
If you are unable to identify the problem please don’t hesitate to contact the customer services by emailing them on firstname.lastname@example.org who will happily assist you.
What do I do once I’ve had my quote accepted?
When a user accepts one of your quotes, they pay a deposit online which is our fee. You can see the amount of the fee when making a quote. This amount will need to be deducted from your charges to your client and will need to be counted as a cost to you the provider.
Once our fee has been received, we shall introduce you the provider to your customer. This is now your customer and Boat Movers Compared is not accountable any further.
This then simply leaves the remaining balance which you should collect directly from your customer by the terms you have specified in your quotation.
We recommend you contact your customer ASAP from receiving our confirmation and introductory email. Communication is essential with any transaction and we find that 99% of negative feedback is as a result of Skippers & Transport Providers not keeping communication channels open.
When a user accepts your quote, they are expecting YOU to make contact with them and not the other way around. So, once you have established when you are likely to be able to carry out the delivery, do get in touch with them. The user’s direct contact information is sent to you in the quote acceptance confirmation email.
Once you have made contact with the user and carried out the service, you should ask for feedback, be that positive, negative or neutral. The more positive feedback you accumulate on your account, the more work you are likely to win.
How do I communicate with the user during the quotation process?
You can’t. Therefore please try and give as much information as you can when bidding.
How do I place a quote?
Firstly, in order to place a quote, you must ensure your Account is fully activated. You’ll know as you won’t be able to quote until it is. This will take no longer than 24hrs.
Once your account is fully working, be sure that your profile page is complete to ensure that maximum chance of success with your quoting activity. The more information regarding your insurance, qualifications, previous experience and references you can show, the more likely you are to gain contracts! Don’t exaggerate though, as false information given that leads to gaining a contract could also lead to losing a contract and result in your profile being removed from Boat Movers Compared!
Once you have conducted a search and identified a delivery which you wish to quote on, follow these steps:
- Ensure you are logged in and click on the delivery listing of interest so that the delivery listing page is displayed (the one with the big map).
- Take a look at the details of the delivery including origin, destination, and time frame requested as well as other quotes placed.
- The Quote Form is displayed to the side of the page.
- Specify the method of delivery you intend to use.
- Specify the time frame you are offering for collection & delivery.
- Specify whether or not there is an expiry or cut-off date for your quote.
- Indicate whether you are insured or not for the delivery.
- Add any additional information of what is and isn’t included in your quotation. We suggest you give as much information as you can as this will form the basis of your contract.
- Select the payment terms and the preferred method of payment.
- Add any additional payment terms that you require….(delay charges etc)
- Agree to our T&C’s and Submit your quote!
How to search for deliveries?
Conducting a regular search for listings on Boat Movers Compared is easy.
Simply go to: http://www.boatmoverscompared.com/search.php
By default, all of the active delivery requests will be displayed to you for all locations, dates and for sea or land transport. These are sorted by the most recently requested first.
You can then refine your search if you so wish by: